FGMS 12 week
Group Postpartum Program
Take yourself on a journey of physical and mental recovery after the birth of your baby.
Reconnect with your body and meet like-minded moms through our
12-week postpartum recovery group program in The Hague.
Are you craving to move your body, but don’t know where to begin safely.
Is the information regarding postpartum recovery confusing the s*it out of you?
Do you feel lonely, overwhelmed, and wonder if any other moms struggle as much as you do?
Based on our own experiences, we are going to take an educated guess as assume you have answered “yes” at least once just not!
You DO NOT have to navigate your postpartum recovery journey alone!
- You completely feel overwhelmed by the lack of sleep, time for yourself and the other gazillion changes in your life
- Your anxiety levels and self-doubt shoot through the sky every time you scroll through Instagram and see other moms “bouncing back” within a couple of weeks postpartum
- As much as you love staying home with your newborn, you also miss social contact and feel lonely more often than not
- You felt very supported by your midwife, the hospital staff and other professionals DURING pregnancy, but now feel that all the support has vanished in thin air
- You would love to do something for yourself and begin exercising, but don’t know where to start, and what is safe to do during the early postpartum period
- You wonder if you will ever feel strong and fit enough to return to your favorite activities or sports. After all, CrossfFir, running, bootcamps, pilates, dancing, running after your toddler, or having a steamy bedroom session used to be your JAM!
We believe postpartum moms need far more support and
attention than they currently get, and we are here to give it.
This is for you, momma!
There continues to be so much room for improvement when it comes to postpartum support. During pregnancy, us moms go from weekly midwife appointments, prenatal yoga classes, hypnobirthing programs, pregnancy massages, to sitting at home by ourselves with a fragile little newborn.
The pressure to “bounce back” is strong, and it is hard to come to terms with the current state or look of your body. On one hand, you know your body just performed an outright miracle, on the other, you miss what your body used to be capable of, and what it used to look like. You would like to regain a sense of control over your body and start exercising. However, you just don’t know where to start.
You would like to regain a sense of control over your body and start exercising. However, you just don’t know where to start.
This is where we come in.
We have created a 12 week program, which will meet you exactly where you are currently at, and safely take you on a recovering, rebuilding and strengthening journey.
Within 12 weeks, you will learn how to self-assess your core and pelvic floor, monitor your progress, pick appropriate exercises for YOU, and develop a strategy to return to your favourite sports and activities.
“Before my pregnancy, I’d never heard of a pelvic floor but after training at FGMS, I started to feel like a pro in understanding the changes in my body. It’s great to interact with other strong women experiencing the same and keeping my body fit and healthy. The vibe is positive and empowering – it’s all about what you can do instead of what you can’t (which you hear too often during pregnancy).”
“The FGMS coaches know what they are talking about. They teach you about breath work, posture and help you lay a good postpartum foundation again. From there, you build up your exercise routine. They really acknowledge individual requirements. If you are experiencing physical struggles or pains, they can help you figure out what’s going on.”
- Meet other moms and share whatever we want to share
- Learn about the physical changes during and after pregnancy
- Understand which exercises are safe, and which need a little more time & preparation
- Learn how to self-assess our abdominal wall and pelvic floor
- Understand which mobility and other exercises we can easily do at home
- Learn about basic training principles, which apply during the postpartum period and any other fitness program
- Learn how to adjust exercises to meet you individual requirements
- Address your current mindset and establish how we tweak certain thought patterns to work in your favour
- Develop a plan for your return to any sport or activity
- Gain enough knowledge and confidence for you to no longer “need” us
The FGMS 12 week postpartum group program is for you if:
- You like the idea of meeting like-minded moms and sharing the load a little
- You want to understand how to safely return to exercise
- You want to learn how to adjust exercises so you can participate in any group class, bootcamp or sport you like
- You don’t just want to sit back and wait for your physical well-being and mental health to hopefully improve. You want to take an active role in this process
- The phrase “just listen to your body” does not mean much to you. You what to understand which specific physical signals to identify, measure & adjust according to your own requirements
- You want to know how to manage prolapse, diastasis recti, and other postpartum related symptoms
- During this 12 week program, you want to pick up a lot of knowledge, which will remain applicable during any other fitness classes.
Are you ready to learn, practice, and apply new knowledge?
I am Miriam, and I am here to help you navigate your postpartum recovery journey. One of my favorite phrases to use at the FGMS studio is “I am your consultant and you are the BOSS”. Let’s have you feel in charge again :).
Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism Coach (Brianna Battles
Pre- & Postpartum Corrective Exercise Coach (Sarah Duvall)
Female Athlete Coach (Antony Lo)
Pre- & Postpartum Exercise Coach (Fit for Birth)
Core & Diastasis Consultant (Fit For Birth)
FRC Mobility Specialist (Functional Range Conditioning)
6 Domain Vitality Coach (Physis Academy)
Holistic Lifestyle Coach (Paul Chek Academy)
PN Level 1 Nutrition Coach (Precision Nutrition)
“Feel Good Moms deserve more than 5 stars. I recommend the 12-week postpartum program to everyone who has recently given birth. I am not exactly sporty, but wanted to use my maternity leave to work on my fitness. I achieved my goals thanks to Miriam’s knowledge, patience and positive energy! The program is really well-structured, and clearly delivers results, which makes to price absolutely worth it! I also loved that I could bring my baby. That made breastfeeding a lot easier.”
Our 12 week postpartum program is designed for you to become your own best coach. You learn how to self-assess, how to adjust exercise according to your levels and how to return to your favorite sports/activities safely.
Our pre- & postpartum coaches/ fellow moms have created a well-structured and efficient program to ensure you pick up all the knowledge and tools to in fact FEEL GOOD and confident at the end of the 12 weeks.
How does this all work?
The next group starts in April/May 2023
Tuesdays at 20:00 – 21:00
Saturdays at 11:00 – 12:00
Your 3 months postpartum recovery program
→ Meet like-minded moms in a group setting 2 x per week at fixed times
→ Learn how to assess your abdominal wall and pelvic floor
→ Work on your breathing patterns, core connection, & posture
→ Begin with gentle exercises, which progress over the course of the program
→ Understand which exercises are safe, and which need a little more time and preparation
→ Learn how to become your own best coach by understanding how to regress and progress any exercises
→ Develop strategies to manage Diastasis Recti, prolapse, urinary incontinence and other postpartum related symptoms
→ Create an action plan to return to your favorite activity/exercise
What's the required investment?
(it's possible to pay in 2 investments)
Still have a couple of doubts or questions?
Feel free to schedule a personal call with us.
During the call, we get a chance to know each other, and figure out how Feel Good Moms can best support you.
You will be chatting with me (Miriam), and I look forward to virtually meeting you!
“It is great to exercise with FGMS. The instructors are super professional and knowledgeable, the exercises are set up in a very smart and accessible way, and the instructors do not only simply give the movements and technique but also explain why this particular technique should be used, so you can also apply it outside of classes (eg when tilting up something, standing up from the bed/sofa, etc). The coaches have managed to create a community where women can be accepted and heard for who they are and where all possible pregnancy and postnatal issues can be discussed, advice asked, and there is always support.”
This program is for postpartum moms. It is just as suitable for a mom who loves her zumba classes as it is for an elite athlete. It is for any mother who feels she can benefit from learning about the physical considerations during and after pregnancy, how to assess the states of her pelvic floor and abdominals, how to adjust exercises according to her unique physical requirements, and how to create an action plan for her to return to her favorite sport or physical activity.
You can pay for this program in 2 installments. The first half is paid before the program commences, and the second at the half-way point.
Unfortunately, it is not. We simply see far more progress with our moms who come twice a week. It is difficult to reach our goals with just 1 training session per week.
While you could TECHNICALLY start within days after giving birth, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND you schedule an appointment with a registered pelvic floor physiotherapist before starting with us. You may also want to wait about 6 weeks postpartum, as that’s the moment you will have your final check up with your midwives or gynecologist.
Absolutely. This program is for anyone who believes they can benefit from learning about their postpartum anatomy, how to connect to and strengthen their pelvic floor + abdominal muscles, and which necessary steps to take to feel strong enough to return to their favorite sports and activities.
The topics we address during these classes can get pretty detailed and sometimes emotional. As much as we love to see the babes at the studio, we often see that moms struggle to focus on the tasks at hand. We therefore recommend leaving the little ones at home. However, we also recognize that it isn’t always possible to do so, and will gladly welcome babies if there is no other option.
We are afraid there isn’t. However, if fixed times are an issue. You may want to take a look at the 1:1 version of this program as that’s far more flexible in terms of booking times.
You absolutely can! This is the perfect program for you, and we got lots of tricks in our sleeves to help you manage your symptoms.
Yes you can! After you have completed our 12 week program, you are welcome to hop on our FGMS membership. We got a variety of classes on offer for you.
It very much is. You too will learn how to reconnect with your body, tune in with your pelvic floor and abdominals, and pick up skills + knowledge, which will remain applicable during your entire athletic career.
We won’t have catch-up sessions on offer, but you also won’t have to pay for the classes you will be missing. Please send us an email to make relevant arrangements.